November 30, 2011

MOVE OUT OR BE KICKED OUT.

Congress spokesperson and Deputy Speaker of the Goa Legislative Assembly Mauvin Godinho says that the people of Goa are like the majority of children who do not want to go to school. If Mauvin’s children do not want to go to school it is his problem but most of our children love to go to school, even my two and half year old grand son cries early in the morning to go to school, what has Mauvin got to say to that ?

For the kind information of Mauvin Godinho today majority of the children love to go to school. Mauvin Godinho also says that his party will stand with the views of the people, if my memory serves me right was it not the people’s participatory process that highlighted the anomalies in the initial of RP 2021 drafted by his peers and rejected by the people who further proposed what they wanted in the RP 2021 ? if these were not the views of the people, what other views is Mauvin Godinho talking about ?

In the participatory process people had already logged their complains, grievances, objections and suggestions to their respective villages RP’s and what other suggestion does Mauvin Godinho wants ? If his party cannot understand or does not have the will to do what the people suggested in the first place than it would be better for his party to make way for others who would be willing to do people’s will. Mauvin Godinho also says that “most” of the expectations and aspirations of the people will be made part of their party’s election manifesto.

Can Mauvin Godinho tell us what or which promises the Congress has fulfilled form any of their previous elections ? Secondly elections are long way off and people are seeking changes in the RP 2021 now and today. I would like to assure Mauvin Godinho that Goans are sensible and educated people and know the value of a Regional Plan but his party in all earnest should come up with a Regional Plan that will benefit Goa and Goans and not come out with one that will be detrimental to Goa and Goans and if the current impasse continues and his party remains adamant in destroying Goa and Goans, frustrations will certainly rise and his party-men can expect a lot more than just shoes and “thappads”.

Like Mauvin Godinho pompously said Congress may not scrap RP 2021, but be assured that the Congress Party will certainly be scrapped from Goa at the next elections and finally let me remind Mauvin Godinho that just because Goans have elected imbeciles like him and his party-men in the past, it does not necessarily mean Goans cannot and will not change and vote them out. Mauvin Godinho, do not for a moment think that you are He, just because the first three alphabets of your surname say it, please do not flatter yourself, you and the Congress are not invincible and the sooner you’ll realize it the better it will be. Goans have surely had enough of you and the Congress and so be ready to move out or be kicked out, it’s your take !

Freddy Agnelo Fernandes.

CONTEMPT OF COURT PETITION FILED AGAINST GOA GOVERNOR.

CONTEMPT OF COURT PETITION FILED AGAINST GOA GOVERNOR

A Contempt of Court petition has been filed today by Adv. Aires Rodrigues before the Bombay High Court at Goa against Dr. N. Radhakrishnan, Special Secretary to the Governor of Goa for not furnishing information under the Right to Information Act despite the High Court verdict. The petition will come up for hearing before Justice F.M Reis on Thursday 1st December.

In his contempt petition Adv. Aires Rodrigues has submitted that the Goa Raj Bhavan was bound to obey the law and disclose the information sought as the High Court by its judgment passed on Nov 14th had clearly held that the Goa Governor was a Public authority under the Right to Information Act.

Stating that Dr. N.Radhakrishnan, Special Secretary to the Governor had committed deliberate contempt of the High Court order by disobeying it and refusing to furnish the information sought, Adv. Rodrigues has further submitted that the contempt was gross, contumacious and interferes with the due course of administration of justice.

Adv. Rodrigues has also submitted that as long as the judgment continues to operate
the Goa Raj Bhavan could not shirk from furnishing information merely on the ground that the High Court judgment would be challenged before the Supreme Court.

The Bombay High Court at Goa by a landmark 58 page judgment pronounced on 14th November had clearly ruled that the Governor of Goa was a Public Authority coming within the ambit of the RTI Act.

Last week a legal notice was served on Goa Raj Bhavan by Adv. Aires Rodrigues demanding that all the information sought by him through his 15 applications under the RTI Act which are pending at Raj Bhavan be furnished to him within 7 days. In one of the applications Adv. Aires Rodrigues has sought from Goa Raj Bhavan details of the action taken by the Goa Governor on the complaints filed by him against the Advocate General of Goa Mr. Subodh Kantak.

Adv. Rodrigues has also sought copies of noting sheets and correspondence pertaining to the processing of his complaints against the Advocate General. Interestingly despite every other Governor in the country and even the President of India complying with the RTI Act, the Goa Raj Bhavan over the last five years has chosen to avoid furnishing information under the RTI Act on the grounds that the Governor of Goa was not a Public Authority. It may be recalled that the former Chief Justice of India J.S.Verma who is also a former Governor himself on a visit to Goa earlier this year had publicly opined that the Goa Governor was a Public Authority and did come within the ambit of the Right to Information Act. A similar view was also strongly expressed by noted RTI Activist Aruna Roy while in Goa recently.

Ironically the current Goa Governor Mr. K. Sankaranarayanan who is complying with the RTI Act as Governor of Maharashtra, in Goa like his predecessor Dr. S.S.Sidhu has refused to comply with the Act where he is holding additional charge as Governor