From: AAssoc4994@aol.com
To: goancauses@yahoogroups.com
CC: averonicaf806@hotmail.com
Veronica:
My memory tells me, fllodlight game was also played in Margao and Independente has seven pacles from Tropa Rawanfond, Margao. I used to catch hand of paclo to make my way in without bilhete.
Clube Independente de Margao was financed by Goan Hindu shop keepers. Then, I was a young boy, we'were all young then, I grew up in Magao. In konkani, we used to say "Independi club" located behind Cine Lata Margao. All shops shutters went down at 3PM, when "Independi club" played in Margao.
Vimson(Salgaoncar), Velha de Goa, Ferroviarios( Benjamin goalie), Academica, Independente, Policia de Goa, Santa Ines, were great clubs, great standards. All credit goes to Goa Portuguesa.
Go to goancauses.com paste this http://www.goancauses.com/gallery/2.html you will see pictures of following players of Independente courtesy of Menino Figueredo de Carmona, not Cuncolim:
Fenelon D' Souza, Jackson, Francis, Rock Cruz, Menino Figueredo, Vetto, Amrut Verenkar, Mendes, Basto, Alisab Sadekar, Ravi, etc.
I've no idea where all these players are gone. I know poor Vasu Raiturcar passed away.
Menino Figueredo is still living, once he was very sick, in that sickness he lost his hearing, last I saw Menino in 2003 in Carmona at Jules Alberto wedding, I made efforts to see Menino in person, because Menino could not make for Jules wedding.
You're a great asset for Goan Portuguesa football.
Thanks.
Mog Assom
Agnelo Gomes
USA
No comments:
Post a Comment