To
Mr Veronica
The Editor
Kranti
Please post this article on your website as soon as possible.
Regards
Peter Gomes
I agree with you Mr Veronica that most of the Goan organizations are run by unfit and uncultured people. It is such a shame that people who are holding good jobs are made the presidents and vice presidents of the Goan organizations while qualified people are made to sit out.
Many of the so-called presidents of the Goan organizations cannot even speak proper English and seem totally ignorant about the developments taking place around them. How will they be able to inspire their members? This itself speaks about our rotten Goan culture. We are only good at organizing ballroom dances and wasting money on useless events.
None of the Goan organizations have organized any quiz or sporting activities for school students. Other communities organize a variety of programmes but Goans are busy pulling down each other. There is a Perzent Of a Goan organization who is bhotto but he manages to win the elections by bribing the members.
Presidents of Goan organisations seem busy in pocketing the profit that they make from this “Faltu” dance shows. These dances are a bad influence on our culture because our youth are getting morally corrupt. A look at the dances shows that young boys and even girls puffing away to glory.
Some bring along their katre and nade boyfriends to these shows and their parents don’t even mind. I blame the parents for not keeping an eye on their children. I know a Goan family in which both the mother and the daughter are serviced by a nado. And the father is such a lolo and rostad that he does not mind. I think Goan organizations should look beyond the dance shows and do something for the student community as well as the runaway maids.
Also try to come up with some worthy projects back home rather than squandering their funds. There should be accountability and transparency among the organizations. Only then I think we will be able to control the funds.
If you look at the Filipino activities, they are focusing more on social activities rather than cultural activities. I truly admire the support of their organizations towards the society..
I ask you Mr Veronica to continue writing on the important issues about our community and hope you will continue your campaign against corrupt Goans.
gomesp14@yahoo.com
No comments:
Post a Comment