We reproduce here correspondence between the Bishop House and Mr. Calvert Gonsalves.
KRANTI has obtained the information provided from sources that should be considered reliable. Every care has been taken to ensure the information is ingenuous, authenticated and consented.
Statements of fact and opinion in the articles on this blog are those of the respective authors/contributors. All articles archived should be evaluated through a process of independent and individual judgement. Reader’s views will be published on verified email identity.
A. Veronica Fernandes
Kuwait
To
Rev. Fr. Filipe Neri Ferrao
Archbishop of Goa & Daman
Bishop’s Palace
Altinho-Panaji,
Goa 403001.
Ref: Letter sent to me on your behalf - CP/1198/2010, dated 21st April 2010.
Your Grace,
I am in receipt of the referenced letter (attached below) sent on your behalf by your Secretary Rev. Fr. J.Loiola Pereira. Thank you for the same.
With reference to your proposal to meet at the Archbishops house to discuss my grievances with your assigned representative, it is respectfully submitted that the issue concerning Colva Parish Priest - Fr Diogo in particular which has been highlighted in my letter to you dated 5th April, 2010, requires very personal dialogue with your Grace and the same cannot be resolved with your representative.
Your Grace, in the normal course, your representative will only be conducting a hearing wherein I will only repeat my grievances that I have sited in my letter dated 5th April, 2010 plus many more. Thereafter, your representative will supposedly convey my grievances to you & this process will be agonizingly time consuming. My grievance could also be narrated to you in a misinterpreted form to suite Fr Diogo. The final outcome like in the past will not be result oriented and there won’t be any fruitful outcome which is desperately required due to the magnitude of the problem.
With due respect, it will be a sheer exercise in futility to have a discussion with your representative whose very name has been kept in suspense. The matter pertaining to Fr Diogo Fernandes – Parish Priest of Colva, needs a fair inquiry by an unbiased person not involved in a similar mess. Fr Diogo is being provided with a protective cover by those having similar sins so such a person/s cannot be put in charge of the inquiry. I have already put forth the facts about Fr Diogo’s malfunctioning. All that is needed now is for you to declare the dirty as dirty and initiate necessary unbiased action before it goes out of hand. As a Catholic it pains me to expose a Priest but I am forced to do it because Fr Diogo has gone berserk in his looting spree. Fr Diogo has put a rift between villagers which has resulted in a war among the Colva Parishioners which will end only if Fr Diogo is made to move away.
I respectfully wish to know whether the person assigned by you to hear my grievances has the power to take prompt necessary decisions. And will implementation of those decisions be binding upon you? Since this is not my personal issue, I need to bring along a delegation of at least four respected villagers to discuss the matter. Once again please note that I / we have nothing against Fr Diogo personally. It’s Fr Diogo’s ugly deeds that I / we detest and which need to be stopped immediately.
Yours Sincerely
Calvert Gonsalves
H.No.62, Copelwado
Sernabatim Colva – Salcete Goa
26th April, 2010
No comments:
Post a Comment