NCC taught me how to be disciplined, patriotic says CM
Reference to the article “NCC taught me how to be disciplined, patriotic” on Herald dated 30th June’10. It is not enough to be taught to be disciplined and patriotic, after learning we have to put it in action or practice, only then we portray our values and what we have learnt. What is the use of learning to be disciplined and patriotic, if we do not put it in practice.
I do not understand what patriotism our esteemed Chief Minister is talking about, when all that he and his thirty nine colleagues are doing, is against the very basic principles of patriotism. If he was patriotic would have antisocial and tainted people in his cabinet ? If he was patriotic would he allow destruction to our ecology and our environment ? If he was patriotic, how could he help corruption flourish ? If he was patriotic, how could he turn a blind eye and be surrounded by people who are involved in drugs, extortion and even murder ? Looking at all the anomalies that our esteemed Chief Minister is involved in, if I was a NCC cadet I would be ashamed of myself, that guys like our Chief Minister were a part of our group one time or the other.
I know that the NCC instills in us true values and discipline but looking at our esteemed Chief Minister I wonder from where he acquired all the wrong attributes and that too in abundance !
Freddy Agnelo Fernandes
Dubai - UAE.
No comments:
Post a Comment