July 13, 2010

SURESH D. NAIK EXPOSES GOAN WELFARE SOCIETY'S PRESIDENT ALEX WILSON COELHO.

Let me summarize the GWS business in Kuwait.

The current President of GWS is acting in a high handed way and has
uncouth manners in his behavior. And, GWS Constitution does not
confer on him the right to expel me from the membership. By acting
irresponsibly he is hastening the downfall of the GWS.

When I was issued a show cause notice, I immediately replied on
09/03/2008 through internet addressed to the President (Hitler) but he
did not have the guts to read my reply at the subsequent AGM held on
18/06/2010 at the Carlton Tower Hotel. I attach here the same reply
for the information of all concerned. I reiterate that I am still and
will remain a legal member of GWS.

GWS was registered in Goa way back in 1995 and the annual registration
was not renewed as required by the rules and regulations, why?
Alex Wilson Coelho had bogus plans to build a NRI City in Goa. Alex
Wilson Coelho, his brother (employed in Margaum Municipality and
Rabindra Pimenta ostensibly negotiated a deal with the land owner at
the rate of Rs.50.00 (Irs.Fifty) per square meter. Till today, nobody
is aware of the developments of the NRI City. Any takers? So, where
is the question of demanding commission as I had never met the
landowner nor I was a part of the negotiation for the land to be
purchased?

Alex Wilson Coelho unsuccessfully attempted to paint me in the red
but, here is my professional profile.

From 1964, I worked in the Town Planning Department of the Goa
Government with excellent reputation and came to Kuwait in 1975. Mr.
Edgar Ribeiro, the former Chief of Town Planner of Government of India
was unhappy because I was leaving the Department but he used to praise
me for my precise work and decisions.

I had successfully organized numerous social events including Festa
Academica to encourage young players to take to football.
I was one of the main coordinators in tandem with the late Dr. Rui
Aguiar, Dr. P. Hede and Dr. Leslie Saldanha to organize the famous Goa
Medical Ball.

I personally used to visit the Goa Medical College and request
Dr.Verma, Dr.Parashar, Dr.Ghosh and Dr.Singh to help the poor and
marginalized patients admitted in the hospital.

It may be recalled that one Dr.Emerico D’Souza was blacklisted and
could not continue with his internship but, I personally intervened
and requested the then Chief Minister, Mr. Dayanand Bandodkar and
Dr.Emerico D’Souza was readmitted and obtained his final degree.
I am the FIRST PLANNER to form the Society for Government Employees
admeasuring 12 Plots in Porvorim, behind the Sanjay School. Each plot
admeasured 600 sq.mts at the rate of Rs.8.00 (Rs.Eight) to be paid
over a period of 20 years. Today, the society is known as Pundolik
Nagar.

When I landed in Kuwait in 1975, I had an offer from Kharafi
Construction as a Project Planner and was posted to
Farwaniya/Jahra/Adan Hospitals. Thereafter, to Al-Ahli Bank/MPW/MEW
and Bayan Palace. I also worked for W.S.Atkins-Consulting Engineering
Firm for the Fahaheel Expressway as an Utility Engineer for 17
bridges. After 12 years of successful career I received a call from
W.S.Atkins, UK which offered me a career in Saudi Arabia as Planning
Engineer and, I readily accepted it. In 1993, I again got an offer
from Kharafi Constructions, Kuwait and I was back in Kuwait and
working till date.

As of today, I have kept my good name and dignity in Goa, Saudi Arabia
as well as in Kuwait.


It may be recalled that GWS used to organize socio-cultural events,
like May Queen Ball, Goa Day, Christmas Tree and used to print
Souvenirs charging KD.100.000(KD.One Hundred ) Per Page. The cunning
fox introduced a tricky idea suggesting that KD.30.00(KD.Thirty) to be
given as commission and balance KD.70.000(KD.Seventy) for GWS. As most
of the advertisements were covered by him by virtue of his position in
the Bank, the cunning fox amassed huge illegal wealth by way of
KD.30.000 as commission.When in 2004, May Queen was organized at the
Fakhrudin Restuarant, the ex-President Rabindra Pimenta paid
KD.200.000 (KD.Two Hundred) as TIPS to the waiters without consulting
the committee members. And, the veracity of the tips is doubtful
because the hotel is not a starred one.

During my membership of the last 15 years, I refused to solicit any
advertisements because of the commission system. The GWS Constitution
does not state any commission system.

Let me brief about the Projects.

Alex Wilson Coelho had a big but bogus desire to build a NRI Hospital
in Goa and called a meeting of Goan doctors working in Kuwait. He gave
a BIG lecture that highlighted his ignorance on the subject of
construction. I wasted my time and energy to design the hospital
project of 150 beds plus canteen and also, doctors and nurses
residences and the same was published on the GWS souvenir to hoodwink
the public because till date there is nothing about the project.
Alex Wilson Coelho then had another fictitious idea to build a NRI
City for oversea Goans at the Verna Plateau. The negotiation was made
by Alex Wilson Coelho, his brother and Rabindra Pimenta. The rate
agreed was Rs.50.00(Rs.Fifty) per square meter. I was not invited for
the negotiation but I had designed the Project for 350 plots plus
school, clinic,roads and gardens. I had also prepared a feasibility
study outlining the cost of construction and the ensuing profit. Alex
Wilson Coelho informed me that he would like to first discuss the
project with the then CM, Manohar Parrikar. He traveled to Goa at
least three times to discuss with the CM and everytime he asked me
copies of the Feasibility Study and the Design Plans. I came to know
that these cunning fox NEVER discussed the subject with the CM but
obtained personal favors through the CM. From that day onwards I kept
my distance from Alex Wilson Coelho.

Arguably, if GWS has the right to allot KD. 30.000 as commission from
the advertisements charges of KD.100.000, than I have equal right to
demand my fees for designing and preparing the feasibility study for
the Hospital and the NRI City. Come on, Alex Wilson Coelho pay me my
fees at the earliest otherwise I will have no option but to take legal
action against you.

Today as an Honorary President of the Goan Cultural Centre, I am
offered lot of cooperation, assistance and guidance from majority of
Goans, Mangaloreans, Punjabis and other Indian communities because I
am not behaving like a ali baba Alex.
OPINION POLL

After these facts, do Goans still believe that Alex Wilson Coelho
should continue as the President of the GWS?
All are FREE TO DECIDE and your response by email would be appreciated.

SURESH D. NAIK
GWS Member



From: subarnai@hotmail.com
To: wilson_coelho@hotmail.com
CC: subarnai@hotmail.com
Subject: Extra-Ordinary General Body Meeting held on 29th August at
Carlton Hotel
Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2008 11:18:14 +0000

Sub: Extra-Ordinary General Body Meeting held on 29th August at Carlton Hotel
As a member who attended the above subject meeting, I am compelled to
make the following comments: Apparently, the meeting was not called to
discuss the agenda as outlined in the "Notice to Members" dated August
29, 2008 signed by Ms.Sharon De Sousa, but to target those members who
are determined to unravel the truth about the ulterior motives of
those responsible for the affairs of the Goan Welfare Society.
Mr.Wilson Coelho, arrogantly and blatantly pointed an accusing finger
at me. Mr.Coelho said, quote "Suresh says, teh chor mure, teh chor
mure, tenim poixe khaile mure" unquote. As a responsible Goan
expatriate, I enjoy considerable respect in professional and social
circles and, I would not stoop so low as to utter such trash. The
former Vice-President of GWS, claimed that people on the football
grounds had said the above quoted words which, unfortunately and
without evidence, Mr.Coelho attributed to me. This subject was also
stirred up during the meeting held at the Fakhrudeen Hotel in the
past. Being a member of the Goan Welfare Society, it is my inalienable
right to know about the accounts of the Goan Welfare Society. I still
say that the logic behind the Fixed Deposits Certificates kept in the
personal names of individuals is the root cause of all the trouble and
suspicion. I recollect that the funds were supposed to be transferred
in the name of new committee members elected during the tenure when
Mr.Tony Cordeiro was the President of GWS. What is your answer
Mr.Coelho? Do not force me to dig deeper.

NRI Hospital Project Goa. A Big DREAM on Expatriates Goans in Kuwait.
Mr. Wilson Coelho, inspired by the devil, came up with a lucrative
project to build a HOSPITAL in Goa claiming that many Goan doctors are
working in Kuwait. Mr Coelho called 2 (Two) meetings to discuss the
project, and ostensibly called some Goan doctors to attend the
meetings. The meetings were held at the residence of Mrs. Muriel
Alphonso. I was assigned the task to prepare a Preliminary Layout,
plan and feasibility report and, subsequently, without suspecting the
fraudulent intentions of Mr. Coelho, I put my time and efforts to
professional design the proposed Hospital Project for 150 beds with
facilities for Resident Doctors and Nurses (This was also advertised
in a Goa Day souvenir that year). The hospital would also have a
modern canteen. Where is the Hospital Mr.Coelho? Or are you still
nurturing thoughts of playing a second fraud? Beware, one can fool all
the people some of the time or some of the people all the time but
not, all the people all the time.

NRI City Project at Verna,Goa. A second DREAM on the Expatriates
Goans in Kuwait.

Mr.Wilson Coelho, in conspiratorial conivence with Mr. Rabindra
Pimenta, came with a proposal to build a NRI City at Verna,Goa and
indicated that a huge tract of land measuring 150,000 square meters
was available at the flat rate of Rs.50/- (Rupees Fifty) only per
square meter. (I was not introduced to the landlord). Being a
professional in the construction industry, I advised Mr.Coelho that we
need to check the "Title Deed and other relevant Documents" and also
obtain comments from the Town Planning Department. Mr.Pimenta
intervened and said that advocate would charge Rs.5,000/- (Rupees Five
Thousand) only to verify the Property Documents and further added that
Goan Welfare Society would NOT pay these fees to the Advocate. Strange
logic. NRI City for Goans to be built by GWS BUT not willing to pay
Rs.5,000/- to the advocate. I immediately retorted by saying that we
THREE (Mr.Coelho, Mr.Pimenta and myself) can contribute the fees for
the advocate.

I then called my colleague in the Panjim Town Planning Department and
requested him to visit the property and to brief me on the subject.
My colleague called me and informed me that there was every
possibility, that the Goa Government may acquire the property and
that, only Mr.Manohar Parrikar, the then Chief Minister of Goa had the
authority to release the land for the NRI City Project.

Mr.Coelho then asked me to prepare the layout for the project with
allocation of plots and to conduct feasibility study detailing the
expenditure. Consequently, I prepared a layout with 350 Plots in
addition to a Kindergarten School, a Supermarket, a Health Clinic and
other infrastructural facilities.

One day, Mr.Coelho called me at least 5 times and said that the next
day he would go to Goa to see the Chief Minister, Mr.Parrikar.
Mr.Coelho said that he wanted to review the project to answer any
queries that may be raised up by Mr.Parrikar. Subsequently, through
my contacts, I came to know that Mr.Coelho NEVER discussed the
project with Mr.Parrikar and, on the contrary, Mr.Coelho managed to
obtain favors for his personal glory and satisfaction.

Further, I had told Mr.Coelho that if the cost of the land is Rs.50/-
per square meter than, another amount of Rs.10/- (Rupees Ten) only
will have to be added to cover other expenditure like:(a) Development
Fees, (b) Land Conversion Fees, (c) Panchayat License Fees, (d) PWD
Fees, etc. I was even generous to inform Mr.Coelho that I would
provide FREE Technical Services for the project, as I was more than
happy to be associated with the project.

The above are just fabrications of lies and deceit to tarnish my
reputation because I dig deeper into the concerned files of GWS
affairs.

Further, Mr Coelho, for how long will you keep the GWS members in the
dark? Your assertion that you won the case filed by Mr.Alexander
Fernandes is totally baseless As Mr.Alexander Fernandes has clarified
that he had withdrawn the case on 3 conditions but, you till date you
have failed to fulfill the 3 conditions to honor your words.
Finally, Mr.Coelho your dreams are over and NRI City will not come up
if you sleep over it and the present market rate. Indulging in
fabrication and lies will lead to more lies and, so on and, so forth
till the devil will have the LAST LAUGH.
Have a Nice day.
Mog asun dhi.

Suresh Naikt of GWS is acting in a high handed way and has
uncouth manners in his behavior. And, GWS Constitution does not
confer on him the right to expel me from the membership. By acting
irresponsibly he is hastening the downfall of the GWS.

When I was issued a show cause notice, I immediately replied on
09/03/2008 through internet addressed to the President (Hitler) but he
did not have the guts to read my reply at the subsequent AGM held on
18/06/2010 at the Carlton Tower Hotel. I attach here the same reply
for the information of all concerned. I reiterate that I am still and
will remain a legal member of GWS.

GWS was registered in Goa way back in 1995 and the annual registration
was not renewed as required by the rules and regulations, why?
Alex Wilson Coelho had bogus plans to build a NRI City in Goa. Alex
Wilson Coelho, his brother (employed in Margaum Municipality and
Rabindra Pimenta ostensibly negotiated a deal with the land owner at
the rate of Rs.50.00 (Irs.Fifty) per square meter. Till today, nobody
is aware of the developments of the NRI City. Any takers? So, where
is the question of demanding commission as I had never met the
landowner nor I was a part of the negotiation for the land to be
purchased?

Alex Wilson Coelho unsuccessfully attempted to paint me in the red
but, here is my professional profile.

From 1964, I worked in the Town Planning Department of the Goa
Government with excellent reputation and came to Kuwait in 1975. Mr.
Edgar Ribeiro, the former Chief of Town Planner of Government of India
was unhappy because I was leaving the Department but he used to praise
me for my precise work and decisions.

I had successfully organized numerous social events including Festa
Academica to encourage young players to take to football.
I was one of the main coordinators in tandem with the late Dr. Rui
Aguiar, Dr. P. Hede and Dr. Leslie Saldanha to organize the famous Goa
Medical Ball.

I personally used to visit the Goa Medical College and request
Dr.Verma, Dr.Parashar, Dr.Ghosh and Dr.Singh to help the poor and
marginalized patients admitted in the hospital.

It may be recalled that one Dr.Emerico D’Souza was blacklisted and
could not continue with his internship but, I personally intervened
and requested the then Chief Minister, Mr. Dayanand Bandodkar and
Dr.Emerico D’Souza was readmitted and obtained his final degree.
I am the FIRST PLANNER to form the Society for Government Employees
admeasuring 12 Plots in Porvorim, behind the Sanjay School. Each plot
admeasured 600 sq.mts at the rate of Rs.8.00 (Rs.Eight) to be paid
over a period of 20 years. Today, the society is known as Pundolik
Nagar.

When I landed in Kuwait in 1975, I had an offer from Kharafi
Construction as a Project Planner and was posted to
Farwaniya/Jahra/Adan Hospitals. Thereafter, to Al-Ahli Bank/MPW/MEW
and Bayan Palace. I also worked for W.S.Atkins-Consulting Engineering
Firm for the Fahaheel Expressway as an Utility Engineer for 17
bridges. After 12 years of successful career I received a call from
W.S.Atkins, UK which offered me a career in Saudi Arabia as Planning
Engineer and, I readily accepted it. In 1993, I again got an offer
from Kharafi Constructions, Kuwait and I was back in Kuwait and
working till date.

As of today, I have kept my good name and dignity in Goa, Saudi Arabia
as well as in Kuwait.


It may be recalled that GWS used to organize socio-cultural events,
like May Queen Ball, Goa Day, Christmas Tree and used to print
Souvenirs charging KD.100.000(KD.One Hundred ) Per Page. The cunning
fox introduced a tricky idea suggesting that KD.30.00(KD.Thirty) to be
given as commission and balance KD.70.000(KD.Seventy) for GWS. As most
of the advertisements were covered by him by virtue of his position in
the Bank, the cunning fox amassed huge illegal wealth by way of
KD.30.000 as commission.When in 2004, May Queen was organized at the
Fakhrudin Restuarant, the ex-President Rabindra Pimenta paid
KD.200.000 (KD.Two Hundred) as TIPS to the waiters without consulting
the committee members. And, the veracity of the tips is doubtful
because the hotel is not a starred one.

During my membership of the last 15 years, I refused to solicit any
advertisements because of the commission system. The GWS Constitution
does not state any commission system.

Let me brief about the Projects.

Alex Wilson Coelho had a big but bogus desire to build a NRI Hospital
in Goa and called a meeting of Goan doctors working in Kuwait. He gave
a BIG lecture that highlighted his ignorance on the subject of
construction. I wasted my time and energy to design the hospital
project of 150 beds plus canteen and also, doctors and nurses
residences and the same was published on the GWS souvenir to hoodwink
the public because till date there is nothing about the project.
Alex Wilson Coelho then had another fictitious idea to build a NRI
City for oversea Goans at the Verna Plateau. The negotiation was made
by Alex Wilson Coelho, his brother and Rabindra Pimenta. The rate
agreed was Rs.50.00(Rs.Fifty) per square meter. I was not invited for
the negotiation but I had designed the Project for 350 plots plus
school, clinic,roads and gardens. I had also prepared a feasibility
study outlining the cost of construction and the ensuing profit. Alex
Wilson Coelho informed me that he would like to first discuss the
project with the then CM, Manohar Parrikar. He traveled to Goa at
least three times to discuss with the CM and everytime he asked me
copies of the Feasibility Study and the Design Plans. I came to know
that these cunning fox NEVER discussed the subject with the CM but
obtained personal favors through the CM. From that day onwards I kept
my distance from Alex Wilson Coelho.

Arguably, if GWS has the right to allot KD. 30.000 as commission from
the advertisements charges of KD.100.000, than I have equal right to
demand my fees for designing and preparing the feasibility study for
the Hospital and the NRI City. Come on, Alex Wilson Coelho pay me my
fees at the earliest otherwise I will have no option but to take legal
action against you.

Today as an Honorary President of the Goan Cultural Centre, I am
offered lot of cooperation, assistance and guidance from majority of
Goans, Mangaloreans, Punjabis and other Indian communities because I
am not behaving like a ali baba Alex.

OPINION POLL

After these facts, do Goans still believe that Alex Wilson Coelho
should continue as the President of the GWS?
All are FREE TO DECIDE and your response by email would be appreciated.

SURESH D. NAIK
GWS Member



From: subarnai@hotmail.com
To: wilson_coelho@hotmail.com
CC: subarnai@hotmail.com
Subject: Extra-Ordinary General Body Meeting held on 29th August at
Carlton Hotel
Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2008 11:18:14 +0000

Sub: Extra-Ordinary General Body Meeting held on 29th August at Carlton Hotel
As a member who attended the above subject meeting, I am compelled to
make the following comments: Apparently, the meeting was not called to
discuss the agenda as outlined in the "Notice to Members" dated August
29, 2008 signed by Ms.Sharon De Sousa, but to target those members who
are determined to unravel the truth about the ulterior motives of
those responsible for the affairs of the Goan Welfare Society.
Mr.Wilson Coelho, arrogantly and blatantly pointed an accusing finger
at me. Mr.Coelho said, quote "Suresh says, teh chor mure, teh chor
mure, tenim poixe khaile mure" unquote. As a responsible Goan
expatriate, I enjoy considerable respect in professional and social
circles and, I would not stoop so low as to utter such trash. The
former Vice-President of GWS, claimed that people on the football
grounds had said the above quoted words which, unfortunately and
without evidence, Mr.Coelho attributed to me. This subject was also
stirred up during the meeting held at the Fakhrudeen Hotel in the
past. Being a member of the Goan Welfare Society, it is my inalienable
right to know about the accounts of the Goan Welfare Society. I still
say that the logic behind the Fixed Deposits Certificates kept in the
personal names of individuals is the root cause of all the trouble and
suspicion. I recollect that the funds were supposed to be transferred
in the name of new committee members elected during the tenure when
Mr.Tony Cordeiro was the President of GWS. What is your answer
Mr.Coelho? Do not force me to dig deeper.

NRI Hospital Project Goa. A Big DREAM on Expatriates Goans in Kuwait.
Mr. Wilson Coelho, inspired by the devil, came up with a lucrative
project to build a HOSPITAL in Goa claiming that many Goan doctors are
working in Kuwait. Mr Coelho called 2 (Two) meetings to discuss the
project, and ostensibly called some Goan doctors to attend the
meetings. The meetings were held at the residence of Mrs. Muriel
Alphonso. I was assigned the task to prepare a Preliminary Layout,
plan and feasibility report and, subsequently, without suspecting the
fraudulent intentions of Mr. Coelho, I put my time and efforts to
professional design the proposed Hospital Project for 150 beds with
facilities for Resident Doctors and Nurses (This was also advertised
in a Goa Day souvenir that year). The hospital would also have a
modern canteen. Where is the Hospital Mr.Coelho? Or are you still
nurturing thoughts of playing a second fraud? Beware, one can fool all
the people some of the time or some of the people all the time but
not, all the people all the time.

NRI City Project at Verna,Goa. A second DREAM on the Expatriates
Goans in Kuwait.

Mr.Wilson Coelho, in conspiratorial conivence with Mr. Rabindra
Pimenta, came with a proposal to build a NRI City at Verna,Goa and
indicated that a huge tract of land measuring 150,000 square meters
was available at the flat rate of Rs.50/- (Rupees Fifty) only per
square meter. (I was not introduced to the landlord). Being a
professional in the construction industry, I advised Mr.Coelho that we
need to check the "Title Deed and other relevant Documents" and also
obtain comments from the Town Planning Department. Mr.Pimenta
intervened and said that advocate would charge Rs.5,000/- (Rupees Five
Thousand) only to verify the Property Documents and further added that
Goan Welfare Society would NOT pay these fees to the Advocate. Strange
logic. NRI City for Goans to be built by GWS BUT not willing to pay
Rs.5,000/- to the advocate. I immediately retorted by saying that we
THREE (Mr.Coelho, Mr.Pimenta and myself) can contribute the fees for
the advocate.

I then called my colleague in the Panjim Town Planning Department and
requested him to visit the property and to brief me on the subject.
My colleague called me and informed me that there was every
possibility, that the Goa Government may acquire the property and
that, only Mr.Manohar Parrikar, the then Chief Minister of Goa had the
authority to release the land for the NRI City Project.
Mr.Coelho then asked me to prepare the layout for the project with
allocation of plots and to conduct feasibility study detailing the
expenditure. Consequently, I prepared a layout with 350 Plots in
addition to a Kindergarten School, a Supermarket, a Health Clinic and
other infrastructural facilities.

One day, Mr.Coelho called me at least 5 times and said that the next
day he would go to Goa to see the Chief Minister, Mr.Parrikar.
Mr.Coelho said that he wanted to review the project to answer any
queries that may be raised up by Mr.Parrikar. Subsequently, through
my contacts, I came to know that Mr.Coelho NEVER discussed the
project with Mr.Parrikar and, on the contrary, Mr.Coelho managed to
obtain favors for his personal glory and satisfaction.
Further, I had told Mr.Coelho that if the cost of the land is Rs.50/-
per square meter than, another amount of Rs.10/- (Rupees Ten) only
will have to be added to cover other expenditure like:(a) Development
Fees, (b) Land Conversion Fees, (c) Panchayat License Fees, (d) PWD
Fees, etc. I was even generous to inform Mr.Coelho that I would
provide FREE Technical Services for the project, as I was more than
happy to be associated with the project.
The above are just fabrications of lies and deceit to tarnish my
reputation because I dig deeper into the concerned files of GWS
affairs.

Further, Mr Coelho, for how long will you keep the GWS members in the
dark? Your assertion that you won the case filed by Mr.Alexander
Fernandes is totally baseless As Mr.Alexander Fernandes has clarified
that he had withdrawn the case on 3 conditions but, you till date you
have failed to fulfill the 3 conditions to honor your words.
Finally, Mr.Coelho your dreams are over and NRI City will not come up
if you sleep over it and the present market rate. Indulging in
fabrication and lies will lead to more lies and, so on and, so forth
till the devil will have the LAST LAUGH.
Have a Nice day.
Mog asun dhi.
Suresh Naik

No comments: