This is in reference
to the news item in Herald dated 11.01.22 “asking equal official status to Romi
Konkani also”, I feel NOBODY will listen to this plea as long
as current Nagrivadis are around to
control its future and also as long as some of the current inefficient
Romivadis are around to handle this
issue.
The weakness in having a strong leadership to
Romi Konkani is a big disadvantage for Romivadis whom Nagrivadis suffering from superiority complex and
playing on the inferiority complex
Romivadis are suffering, are treating Romi Konkani as no issue. They feel only the Nagri Konknni should look
after Konkani. Nagrivadis used Romivadis
for doing everything to get it
recognized except official status.
As an
initiator of Kuwait Konknni Kendr during my vacation in Goa I was taking active
part in 1986 in rallies – meetings – hunger strike in Panjim. When I was invited by KPA to attend one of
their meetings at Keni Hotel, Panjim, as an observer, I noticed how weak our
Romi stalwarts were to argue our cause with the Nagrivadis. For a major part of the discussion, I found
our Romivadis were only yielding and nothing wielding. There I noticed that we
lack strong leadership. This is where we lost our battle.
Secondly,
after the recognition of Nagri Konknni only, I met top Nagri stalwarts who were
members of KPA, they told me the draft copies of the Bill to be passed in the
Assembly were kept open readily for all concerned persons to read and give their
suggestion. But according to my
information later, none of the Romi stalwarts took pain to go thru it and suggest
changes as per our need. If they had to
go thru it then they would point out the
mistake .
If anyone is
having any more information, it would be nice to share it here.
A.Veronica Fernandes.
No comments:
Post a Comment