August 21, 2009
Elvino Rodrigues-Kuwait replies to Veronica's critics.
Elvino has left a new comment on your post "In Response to "I am ashamed to be an Indian citiz...":Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2009 18:59:30 +0300Subject:
Re: Response to "I am ashamed to be an Indian Ctizen
I have read the 2 responses sent in response to Article mentioned in the subject.
I may not agree many mentions of Veronica in the article, but I fully agree with him what he wrote about the so called Leaders of India specially the present ones. They are the cause for honourable Indians to get disgusted and to reach to such an intolerable expression. However I know Mr. Veronica is very respected Citizen of India who will never trade his citizenship to any other Nationality given an opportunity. I have known many hypocrites who claim to be Indian Citizens while they have really not done anything worthy to be called responsible Indian Citizens. I know Veronica who has brought respect and dignity to Indians in this part of World by being more responsible Indian than these hypocrites who claims to be real Citizens while in fact they are unpatriotic and traitors.
The activities of Goa-Kuwait Solidarity Center under the Convenorship of Veronica has attracted a world appreciation and much respect not only to Goans but to entire Indian Citizens. The relationship which Indian Leaders have severely soured with Kuwait and Gulf countries after the invasion of Kuwait by Iraqi Dictator, Saddam Husain due to a warm hug given by India’s then Foreign Minister, Mr.Gujral, giving an impression to Gulf Countries that India supported the Invasion of Kuwait, have been regained through the supportive movements & demonstrations of Goa-Kuwait Solidarity Center soon after the invasion which prolonged even long after the liberation of Kuwait and the whole credit of this goes to Mr. Veronica.
Veronica’s article was mostly referred to the present Politician-Clowns and so called Leaders of India, who brought shame and disgrace to real democracy and bad name to India. There are no salt worth Statesmen left in India. They are all selfish and most of them are of shady character, with criminal background and some of them are even illiterate and semi-literate and these characters are today ruling our India. Under these circumstances who will not get feelings of disgust and get frustrated and speak the words that are really not meant!
Soglem dista toxem nasta.
Regards,
Elvino Rodrigues
G O A--No plans in this revolution are written for retreat--August 17, 2009In Response to "I am ashamed to be an Indian citizen"FW: [GOAN-NRI] Fw: I am ashamed to be an Indian citizen.From: Oscar Lobo (oscarlobo1@optusnet.com.au)Sent: Monday, August 17, 2009 3:14:40 AMTo: averonicaf806@hotmail.comCc: bospam@gmail.com
Hello Veronica,
Here are two responses to your open letter regarding the subject.The responses make sense.
Cheers Oscar From: melissa. Sent: Monday, 17 August 2009 11:57 AM. To: Vanita Vaz.Subject: RE: [GOAN-NRI] Fw: I am ashamed to be an Indian citizen.I strongly second Vanita's opinion. I believe I am blessed to be born an INDIAN. It would be a different me if it was not for my birth country. True that I like most others have embraced other citizenships but that does not absolve me from my responsibilities towards my nation and primarily does not confer on me any right to DEGRADE India. Agreed that India does have aeons to go but criticizing and complaining only retards it. I would most certainly be tempted to ask what these 'ashamed critics' have done to improvise the situation. From experience most have left India, settled overseas and shoot emails from the world over opining and advising what India 'COULD DO - SHOULD DO'. Its time each of us take responsibility for our actions and INACTIONS!!"Vanita17/08/2009 08:23 AM
To"Oscar Lobo" oscarlobo1@optusnet.com.au
Subject RE: [GOAN-NRI] Fw: I am ashamed to be an Indian citizen.I
I m a proud Indian Citizen – whilst I agree with all this- India has defined me with lovely sense of culture, hospitality and warmth. True there are several evils that plague our country! But there’s precious little we the so-called citizens do about it. The onus is on us – recall JFK’s quote ‘Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for your country! I for one, am certainly proud of my Indian heritage! Jai Ho!
From: Oscar Lobo [mailto:oscarlobo1@optusnet.com.au]
Sent: Saturday, 15 August 2009 5:54 PMTo: Oscar LoboSubject: FW: [GOAN-NRI] Fw: I am ashamed to be an Indian citizen.Importance: High --- On Fri, 14/8/09, A. Veronica Fernandes wrote: From: A. Veronica Fernandes Subject: I am ashamed to be an Indian citizen.To: averonicaf806@hotmail.comDate: Friday, 14 August, 2009, 2:36 PM G O A--No plans in this revolution are written for retreat--August 15, 2009I AM ASHAMED TO BE AN INDIAN CITIZEN.Posted by KRANTI at Monday, August 17, 2009 0 comments Links to this post
Posted by KRANTI at Friday, August 21, 2009 0 comments Links to this post
No comments:
Post a Comment