Wed, Apr 9, 2008 at 10:23 PM
Reply-To: sandygraceful@yahoo.co.in
To: goa.kranti@gmail.com
Reply Reply to all Forward Print Delete Show original
TO
The Editor
Kranti
I am a regular reader of A. Veronica's articles and I find them splendid. Though I sometimes find his views conflicting, I still appreciate them because he is a true blue journalist who calls a spade a spade.
I was particularly touched with his two part article regarding the NRI Awardees. I think every Goan should come forward and endorse his views as they are very upstanding and he has brought to light an issue that can be described as a scam. There are rumors doing rounds that these awards were bought out by the awardees and this theory is gaining currency with each passing day.
How do you explain the logic behind honoring Doctor Chodonkar, who has by no means worked for the welfare of the community except for giving some lectures and organizing camps for the community.
Such activities certainly do not deserve any awards. As a doctor, he is duty bound to do this. Look at his achievements beyond the medical sphere and one will see it is hollow as a rockster.
Take the case of Veronia, who has worked selflessly for the cause of Konkani and has been pivotal in organizing events for the welfare of the community. He is right when he says "these rascal doctors did nothing during the invasion."
Doctor Chodankar has been trying to justify his award by posting an article on Kranti highlighting his achievements. A first look at his profile makes it amply clear that he is in no way deserves the NRI award.
He came to Kuwait in 2001 while there are some Goans who have been working in Kuwait since the early 70s and have contributed immensely be it in the sphere of culture, art or sport. Another gentleman who deserves a mention is Alexander who along with Veronica exerted tremendous efforts in highlighting the cause of Kuwait during the invasion.
Coming back to the rest of the awardees, I also feel that their achievements fall far short of winning the awards. I blame the NRI Commissioner for this whole mess as I think a few people have misguided him.
Some have suggested that these awards were bought out by these three people and we have every reason to believe this theory. Finally, I call upon Veronica to continue to highlight such unscrupulous activities. It is a crying shame that the rightful people were denied of the awards.
Yours Sincerely
Sandy Trinidade.
Veronica's Note: Alexandre M. Fernandes never associated with me in our movement in support of Kuwait's liberation during the invasion of Kuwait.
Sandy, it would have been nice on your part to cite one single example where you found my views conflicting.
Thanks.
No comments:
Post a Comment